Since forming Absolute Virginia Disc Jockeys in 2000, I have been committed to providing the Mid-Atlantic region with the finest mobile disc jockey entertainment available. Absolute Virginia Disc Jockeys has a mobile entertainer to fit every budget and style. Our disc jockeys are chosen because of their experience, personality, professional appearance, and state of the art equipment.
The following are critical factors to consider before hiring a disc jockey:
1. Experience – Absolute Virginia Disc Jockeys is committed to providing you with an experienced disc jockey who specializes in the specific type of event you are planning. Based on our initial consultation with you we will place you with a DJ who fits your style and budget. Our disc jockeys are all full time employees and have between 7 and 20 years experience in the industry.
2. Personality/Interaction – Our disc jockeys are hired for their personality and ability to interact with your guests. What separates us from our competition is our level of sophistication. A professional DJ and emcee has the ability to entertain your guest without being annoying. Because the success of your event depends on the entertainment we welcome you to visit our office and meet us before selecting a disc jockey for your event.
3. Pre-Event Planning Services – We promise to provide you the attention you deserve before your event. Make sure a disc jockey is willing to meet you and discuss your event details well in advance. For weddings, bar/bat mitzvahs, and any event requiring a specific series of events, we provide our clients with a comprehensive planner which outlines the evening.
5. Music Library - This category is a distinguishing factor that drastically varies with people who provide mobile disc jockey services. Anyone can claim that they have a variety of music that includes oldies, country, Big Band, R & B, alternative, Latin, etc. The question is, are they really equipped to play the music that you want, and can they play that music at the appropriate times. What separates a $450 dollar disc jockey from a true professional is the ability to utilize his music library. A disc jockey can claim to have 50,000 songs in his music library but the fact is if he doesn’t have the right 100 or so songs for your event it will be a disaster. Each of our disc jockeys has a song library of about 20,000 songs. We utilize laptop computers to play music, with disc jockey software, but always have on hand backup MP3 CDs with our entire song library. Requests are always welcomed and if we don’t have the requested song we have the ability to download it via wireless internet cards.
6. Equipment – Our disc jockeys pride themselves on having the highest quality professional disc jockey equipment available. Our equipment is transported via several 20 ft. long enclosed trailers. Each trailer contains 2-3 full sized DJ systems which can all be combined to play for events of up to 3000 people. We use Yorkville TX series and Electrovoice SX series loudspeakers, QSC amplifiers, Rane mixers, Toshiba and laptops, DBX processing, Optima Lighting fixtures, and Applied Electronics ground supports. We can say with pride and confidence that no mobile DJ company in the mid–Atlantic region has better equipment. Not only do we use this equipment for our DJ services but we also are retail dealers for these manufacturers. Although we have never had to use our multiple backup systems they are readily available and on site.
7. Contracts/Reliability - The importance of getting a written contract from your disc jockey cannot be overemphasized. We have heard numerous stories of DJ's who canceled a booking at the last minute. In at least 75% of the cases we have seen where a DJ canceled at the last minute, one or both of the following factors were involved: the disc jockey was a “friend” of the family, or there was no written contract. When you sign a contract with us you will be guaranteed a specific disc jockey selected for your event. We have never had a disc jockey miss an event. Make sure you leave the success of your party in the hands of a trained professional.
8. References - If you have never seen the disc jockey you are considering for your event, you should ask for references from both previous clients and from area banquet facilities. We don’t list these references online but are happy to provide them if requested.
9. Appearance/Dress – In our contract there is a section which allows you to specify the attire in which your disc jockey will perform.
As you can see, there are many factors that go into choosing the right disc jockey for your event. Price should not be the deciding factor in selecting a DJ. Although we don’t consider ourselves a discount service, our rates are fair and we take pride in our performance. Please call or email us for a free quote on your upcoming event.
Copyright 2007 Absolute Virginia Disc Jockys - email@example.com